Daily home deliveries have become standard for many residents due to the emergence of online shopping. You enjoy the benefit of having packages dropped right at your main entry, but there is a disadvantage. Those parcels sitting in the open are enticements to potential thieves. Porch piracy is a real concern, but you are able to take action against it by ordering a doorbell camera with your home security system. These devices are fantastic tools to dissuade opportunistic thieves, but they do a lot more.
Take a second to learn more about how they work and why they’ll likely become an integral facet of your smart home.
Advantages of a Syracuse video doorbell
Manufactured in wireless and wired options, video doorbells offer a great number of advanced features, and the technology continues to progress. You can now implement detection zones, speak to whoever’s on your porch, and receive instant updates whenever an item is delivered.
The easiest way to understand how a Syracuse video doorbell camera works is to explore the numerous perks it can provide. Take a look at these features:
- Active crime deterrents: You won’t find this on each model, but there are some smart video doorbells that take an active role in discouraging burglary with alerts that can be heard and seen. This is a fantastic way to let prowlers know someone is watching.
- Wide angle camera view: You will benefit from seeing the whole picture, and that consists of the faces of people at your door and boxes on the surface below. Options with ultra-wide 180-degree field of vision provide a complete perspective.
- High-resolution footage no matter the hour: If you don’t have images that are easy to see, what’s the benefit of getting a doorbell camera? Top models will include exceptional HDR resolution and night vision.
- Delivery alerts: Would you appreciate knowing when a package arrives? You can get instant updates from video doorbells capable of differentiating between visitors and boxes.
- Converse with the person at your door: Is a person lingering at your door? Two-way audio lets you inquire about why they’re there. You could even use this handy feature to deter people hanging around your walkway.
- Cut down on false alarms: Top doorbell cameras will even allow you to configure your own detection zones. Clearly defining the space to be monitored will let you cut down on false alarms caused by pedestrians or pets.
- Easy video access: A video doorbell integrated into your smart home offers you the chance to see real-time and recorded video straight from your smartphone security app.
Video doorbells keep you connected like never before, as you are able to interact with them from the palm of your hand, regardless of your location. They’ll notify you when something or someone arrives, provide visuals of what’s occurring, and even let you communicate with the individual at your door. These components have become difference-makers in terms of safety and convenience.