How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Syracuse smart home
At the heart of your home security, the Vivint Smart Hub incorporates your cameras, security sensors, thermostats, and locks into one united system. This intuitive, 7-inch color interface puts you in total command of your Syracuse home’s security and automation. Get a better idea of what it can do and explore suggestions to get you started.
How can you benefit from the Vivint Smart Hub in Syracuse?
Connecting wirelessly to sensors and other implements via radio wave signals and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your home. You can arm your system, program lights, change thermostat settings, and more. When incorporating a video doorbell, you can even speak to whoever’s standing at your door. The Vivint Smart Hub has built-in cellular connectivity and a backup battery to ensure reliable performance. It also provides total remote operation with the Vivint smartphone app.
Here are some of the things you can do:
- Review live or saved footage from all integrated security cameras
- Arm or disarm your home security
- Toggle lights on or off
- Close or open your garage door
- Adjust your home comfort settings
- Talk directly to monitoring professionals
You can enhance convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Syracuse by implementing schedules or creating preferences. For example, you could have your smart thermostat change automatically each night at a certain time. Or, you can incorporate preferences like having your doors unlock if the smoke alarm triggers.
Quick guide to arming and disarming your security system
Before you jump into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll need to know how to arm and disarm your system. It’s easy - just abide by these instructions:
- Tap the shield icon on the main screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay indicates you will be in your house and arms all sensors besides interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away signifies you will be away, and each sensor in your home will engage.
- To disarm, simply swipe down on the shield icon and enter your PIN.
The Smart Hub will post a warning if something is blocking the system from arming. For example, an open door will prompt you to take action. Keep in mind that you can still arm the system by adhering to the instructions above. You will then need to verify you want to circumvent the sensor in question.
Add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Syracuse
Although multiple users can be programmed during the initial installation, you may want to add another user down the road. Here are steps to do so.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right corner of the welcome screen.
- Press “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Choose “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Select “Name,” provide the the name you want to use, and tap the Next button.
- If you wish to give the user remote capability, select email or phone and provide the details to dispatch an request.
- Touch Next and then enter a PIN for the new user.
- To take out a user, simply navigate to the menu, touch users, select the user you would like to get rid of, and then select “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Do you want to take command of your home’s automation and security via an easy-to-operate touchscreen interface? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Syracuse security system. Dial (315) 971-4719 to get started.